I divide, subconsciously but from time to time consciously, the people that I meet into several categories which are based mostly on professions. That is why I say I have friends which are poets, actors or philosophers without them actually practicing their from me given tittle. My actor friends are smooth talkers. They compliment other people and have their special magical ways of handling the opposite sex. They also have the biggest ego out of the other categories. The philosopher's ego comes next in size, followed by the poet's, who's ego is mostly not present in his language or posture. Poet's cary a certain insecurity in their performance since their performance is in fact not a performance at all but a sincere attempt to coexist. While my poet friends often think with their emotions in the way that they are guided by their feelings to find something significant or insignificant, philosopher's reason with their wide spectrum of knowledge (sometimes followed by experience, but not always). My actor friends are, naturally, the most dramatical, driven by the need to complicate and escalate. I learn most from my philosophers, come to understand most about myself when with my actors, and emotionally relate best to the fragility of my poets.
All my divisions can again be divided by who is struggling to safe oneself and by who is struggling to safe the world. All strugglers by nature, they struggle in completely different ways.


No comments:
Post a Comment